Are you an owner of a small/medium business? Are you worried or confused about your marketing strategy? tired of trying many more strategies!! Don’t be hopeless, try email marketing to grow your business to attract your buyer by making relationships and convert them into final customers. (case study about email marketing)
If you are a little bit confused about where to begin, don’t be upset as it’s normal for beginners to get lost in a sea of tools, techniques and terminology.
Before launching your first email marketing, please take a look at this article to get better results and avoid embarrassing mishaps.
First of all, you have to know what is email marketing? Let’s check it out, it’s very simple.
Email marketing is the process or act of sending commercial messages to a targeted group of people/potential customers (can be individual & company) to inform about new product/services/offers/advertising campaigns like discounts, new offers in-order to increase sales and revenue.
It is considered to be the best way to attract and connect with potential buyers, build relationships and convert them into customers.
Email marketing is the most popular digital marketing tool, by which commercial messages are sent via electronic mail messages (Email) to a targeted group of people with the motive to attract, engage and connect buyers to drive sales and revenue.
Here is a details discussion of how email marketing works:
- Select an appropriate email marketing tool/platform/software.
- Create a tricky email marketing strategy
- Build, grow and increase your email list
- Setup proper automation tasks
- Monitor and improve campaign performance through A/B testing
- ‘clean up’ your email lists regularly.
1. Select an appropriate email marketing tool/software:
Email Service Provider (ESP) which is widely used by the businesses to send marketing emails is known as an email marketing platform. An Email Service Provider is a software that sends and manages email marketing campaigns. It’s also referred to as an email marketing tool, email marketing software, or email marketing service.
The most popular and widely used email marketing tools are:
An email marketing platform will help you in:
- Creating an email list
- Adding users to your list using several methods
- Sending emails to your audience
- Provide you with data and reports on how many people open your emails and interact with them (click a link in the email).
- Based on specified criteria provide you with different options to segment your audience.
- Based on your email lists create retargeting audiences on Facebook.
- Send welcome emails or different promotional emails to your subscribers based on your business activity through email automation marketing tasks.
- Make sales directly from an email message
- To redirect users to pages/products/actions you want them to take create email funnels.
2. Create a tricky email marketing strategy:
Before starting email marketing as a digital marketing campaign, the first thing to do is to create a strategy.
An email marketing strategy will help you figure out the followings before running any campaigns:
- Decide how email marketing will be used by the other digital marketing campaigns you’ll be running.
- Decide which email marketing tool/software/platform to use according to a monthly budget.
- Implement strategies to increase email lists.
- Decide what type of messages to send and when to use automation
- To measure the effectiveness of your email campaigns applies the right reporting mechanisms.
3. Build, grow and increase your email list:
Growing, maintaining and increasing an email list is difficult or tricky but with the right mechanism and tools, it can be a valuable asset for your business. Building an email list can be slow, especially when you’re just starting. Buying a list might seem tempting and cheaper shortcuts but trust us, it’s a terrible idea.
If you buy an email list, it will put your business at serious risk.
My suggestion is don’t buy email lists. Try to build your list organically although slowly but and you’ll get the rewards in the long run.
Commercially Proven and Tested Tips to Grow Your Email List Faster.
- Introduce multiple sign-up forms
- Introduce an Exit-Intent Popup
- Offer eye-catching & interesting Content Upgrades
- Add Full or Partially Gated Content in WordPress
- Offer Giveaway and Contests
- Create Multiple Lead Magnet Pages
- Create Discounts and Deals
- To grow and increase your email lists use the contact form.
- Introduce social media engagements.
- Never let website visitor’s getaway.
4.Setup automation tasks:
One of the biggest advantages of email marketing is that it’s a process that can be fully automated.
By the term automation, we mean sending targeted emails to your users based on the actions they take when they receive your emails or actions they perform on your site.
The most common email automation tasks are:
Welcome emails: When users subscribe to your email lists, instantly send a welcome email.
Email campaigns – Sending them a series of emails or replicating a sales funnel.
Abandon cart emails – When Sending emails to website visitors or customers that added a product/service to their shopping cart but did not checkout.
Cross-selling / Upselling: Based on customers purchase history suggest products or services to them.
Review/Feedback forms: Requesting customers reviews/feedback after a certain time they’ve made a purchase.
5. Monitor and improve campaign performance through A/B testing:
Despite the right type of people subscribed to your list, to run successful email marketing campaigns, you need to do a lot of A/B testing.
A/B testing will help you find out what kind of email messages can potentially generate higher user engagement and more conversions to final customers.
A/B testing will help to find out:
- The size of the email subject titles
- The configuration of the messages (HTML, text, with or without pictures)
- The email body length.
- The frequency level of sending emails.
- The size or level of promotional messages within the email
- Signup forms placement.
- Signup forms messages of your email.
- The ‘offers’ utilized as motivating forces for email information exchange.
- The verification method used to verify the validity of emails (no authentication, double-opt-in).
To observe any kind of A/B testing (not just emails), you need to examine the right metrics and eliminate any factors that can affect the results of your testing.
For email marketing, you need to track the following metrics:
- An exact number of new email subscribers per day, increasing or decreasing?
- The actual method they have applied to subscribe to your list (if you have multiple placements like sidebar, exit popups, etc.), you need to know which one they used to register.
- Actual track of Email Open and Click-through rates (how many people opened a specific email campaign and how many people clicked a link in the email) and monitoring.
- Survey how many people visited your website from a link in an email.
- How many conversions means final customers were generated from email (and from which campaign).
By analyzing the key email marketing metrics you will know how to do better in future campaigns. As a newbie to an email marketer, there’ll always be areas of improvement.
Most ESPs have commonly used analytics dashboard with at least the following metrics:
- Open rate: It is the ratio of the number of people who opened your email, divided by the total number of recipients.
- Click-through rate: It is the rate that we get from the number of people who clicked on a link in your email divided by the total number of recipients, the ratio is click-through rate.
- Unsubscribe rate: The number of individuals who withdrew partitioned by the absolute number of beneficiaries (ideally, as near zero as could be expected).
- Bounce rate: When the recipient’s inbox is full, Soft bounces may happen due to these temporary issues email delivery may be failed. But due to permanent issues, hard bounces may happen (e.g. an inactive email address). The number of messages that neglected to convey partitioned by the complete number of messages sent.
6. Regularly ‘clean up’ your email lists:
Keep your database up to date to optimize email deliverability and higher engagement rates.
- Got subscribers who’ve vanished off the radar? If somebody hasn’t engaged together with your emails in a minimum of six months, send a reactivation campaign or perhaps kindle a second opt-in. See if you can get them curious again.
- Delete the subscribers from your list if there are still no engagements.
- For better deliverability, in the long run, it will be good to let them go although it is sad!
- Another vital point, make it easy with a visible unsubscribe button for the unsubscribers. people are more likely to mark you as spam if they can’t find the way out. can’t find the way out.
Email marketing has three primary motives:
- The first objective of email marketing is to build loyalty, trust or brand awareness among potential customers.
- Enhancing relationships between merchants and current or previous customers.
- Encouraging customer loyalty, repeat customers, acquiring new customers and convincing existing customers to buy immediately and finally with the motive of higher sales and revenue.
As a marketer, you have many digital marketing channels available to reach your audience, but you have to prioritize email marketing to maximize your revenue with limited budget & time.
Out of all the digital marketing channels I tested as a marketer, email marketing outperforms best. Not solely will it have a high conversion rate, however as you build up your list, you’ll be able to frequently legitimize it by pitching multiple merchandises. Just look at eCommerce sites like Amazon: One way they get you to continually buy more products from them is by emailing you offers regularly.
For the many commercial benefits listed above, email marketing is the most effective channel to attract, engage, and connect with an audience to drive sales and revenue for your business.
So, start using email marketing to get maximum advantage today, and you’ll find it’ll help increase sales and revenue right away.